A cross between banana bread and a drizzle-topped sponge, this cake is great for using up overripe fruit
- 140g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 large egg, beaten
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe banana, mashed
- 50g icing sugar
- handful dried banana chips, for decoration
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with a little flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and bananas. Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- Mix the icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing.
- Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with banana chips.